Monday, January 4, 2010

World's Tallest Building

Ooh, the world has a new tallest building beginning in the new decade, in Dubai. I am sure most have seen pictures of such amazing, ultimate rich place on earth. (If not, use google images for some quick pics).

Oh, it surpassed the Taiwan tower to be the tallest building. I didn't even know that the tallest building was in Taiwan, I just know some building in Asia has surpassed our own Sears Tower. Ok, I don't like to call it Willis Tower, ok?

But don't let the golden skin of Dubai fool you, there is much debt woes taking place now. (See this news for details).

You may have heard of Tower of Babel in the Bible (Genesis 11). That is just made with bricks, I wonder how tall that was. The Bible didn't say God crushed that building, but obviously He didn't like it. Another observation: look at verse 7, it is "let US", in plural! Waita minute is it 1 God or multiple Gods? Ok, some will say that means the Holy Father + Holy Spirit + Jesus. This observation can spark a religious debate here.

I still don't understand why God must scatter the people (How? by teleporting them?) and make them not understand each other (how does this process work? just suddenly I don't understand your language anymore?) ok, then why is there so much efforts to translate Bible to every known language if God intend the world not understand each other.

Why do people keep challenge the limit of how tall a building can go? Probably same reason why people train so hard in sports to achieve that 0.01 second in running 100 meters, and the same reason why I keep playing Pac Man to try to beat my own high score... to challenge upper limit is human nature. But I don't think US and China should enter the contest to build more tall buildings... Let Dubai win this category. I don't want to see one tallest building collapse like Jenga.

1 comment:

Jade said...

Yeah, sometimes God's way is not understandable... that sometimes bugs me...