Thursday, January 28, 2010

High Speed Railroad coming to America

High speed rail system is coming to America and going to produce some jobs!

At least short term. Good move to solve unemployment temporaily! Good to keep up with Europe, Japan and China!.
Yikes, a lot of money to be spent. Remember, such railroad will costs more money in maintenance.

However, do we really need a even more connected America by railroad? One thing America can be proud of is its highway system (when there are not a lot of potholes). If there is city I need to go that's reasonablly close? I drive. Too far? I fly. And I don't need to travel to another city a lot.
I don't need high speed rail.

There just seem no reason to be on the high speed rails a lot for Chicagoans. Maybe in the East Coast where there are bigger cities New York, Boston etc that may attract more tourists... Trains connecting San Francisco, LA sounds interesting to me too.

High speed rail from Chicago to Milwaukee or St. Louis? I see little reason to use high speed rail to go there.
I hope there are lots of planning to make sure this is good in long term before we rush out expensive trains that put the country into more debt.

No comments: