Thursday, January 7, 2010

Phone War

I read about a hot new item: the Google Nexus One on the news. Well this is not the first Google phone. You may have seen the G1 that I almost bought.
Well surfing the web on a powerful phone is going to cost $, so I went for a more basic phone. I ain't paying $80+ a month.

That Nexus One demo page is way cool.

Ok remember folks, we call it a phone. (The term "Personal Data Assistant" (PDA) is so past-decade, although phones are actually working like a PDA.) How do you call somebody on the powerful phone such as IPhone or Nexus One, or G1?

It probably involves a lot of steps and a few seconds to find the phone icon and then you tab on virtual buttons to call somebody.

I WANT ACTUAL BUTTONS!

I don't want Rice Krispie keyboard to make my number buttons small.

I don't want buttons + slide keyboard that makes my phone thick.

The MOST important function of my phone is phone ability: call someone, receive calls nice and loud.
I don't need to play Labyrinth on it (ooh, phones can detect how you're holding it, ooh. but I don't need this capability)

My basic NOKIA phone now isn't so bad. It can take good pics and have a bright screen for an occasional game, and it has actual buttons.

The fancy phones have ONE button? How do you play a round of Pac Man on it? I can play with actual buttons on a much cheaper phone.

1 comment:

pda phone said...

I WANT ACTUAL BUTTONS ALSO!