Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Hessian

Somewhere along the line I read about "Hessian" in programming... It is a web service protocol. No, I don't know much about it yet. Oh it is promising because it is simpler than that WSDL stuff (I ain't gonna ever type that by hand). The world has too much hype on XML, which may destroy the simple-is-beautiful principle.

Waita minute, I have seen this term before... in my college calculus class. Yes, it is the matrix of all the second derivatives! What is it good for? Not much for me after that midterm back in 199x.

Look, ideal world is this: I get an object. Let me toss it around to call another function somewhere else and give me a result: just like a regular method call. All the details should be transparent to me. Don't make me work with any XML, just like don't let me see actual packets of 1 and 0s when I do something on the internet such as send email. I dislike anything that says "factory" and then .create(). Hide that please.

No comments: