Friday, June 4, 2010

Jobs and Leaving Reasons (part 2)

Job 5: I maintain crap app there longer than I have been in college as time (years and years) quietly flows by. Surrounded by inept coworkers. This company does not give a damn about growing your career. Eventually got laid off, due to outsourcing to the people that Columbus wanted to meet. The fate of the talented and the idiots are the same.

Job 6: this place does not know what to do with me and indicates little interest to assign me interesting work. Completely clueless. The young people there are beautiful but extremely messy. That kitchen is a big mess.

Job 7: TEN days there. Told me to go home after their client cut the project which is probably a damn lie. This place wanted me to use my own laptop without telling me beforehand.
This place has some fairly interesting individuals
1. PM who sits on a ball instead of a chair, probably a Preparation H user, who does nothing after then 15 minute status meeting. Also needs bifocal...
2. The CEO's brother, who is an extreme OO aficionado who wants a elaborate OO model on the simplest things. I wish I can learn a thing or two from him. But he comes in at 2pm everyday, and during my 10 day stay, he didn't show up for at least half of it, because his glasses is broken and can't see a thing.
When I was told to go home, not one person shows any sympathy.

Job 8: This company is hard to get in: tough online test, and even an essay test. Mildly tough tech interview. But this company didn't believe I can do new consulting work for their clients and rejected me once. called me back after a support staff quit. So I will be learning more propriety things that will not help me at all in future jobs. But it is better than unemployed.

I've had helluva time trying to find work. Yes I do get some interviews, but some have some very tricky questions. Some are so reluctant to make decision that they don't mind keep you waiting, some don't mind telling you any status.

I NEED to stop begging people for a job and stop begging people to tell me my interview status!

No comments: