Thursday, January 22, 2009

Microsoft layoff

More layoff news, this time is Microsoft. See this news link.

I think computers now are getting close to point of diminishing return. No longer we need to buy a new one every couple years. And customers don't actually get much out of newest versions. Who needs Windows Vista? Who needs the horror of competely messed up redesign of Office 2007? I am happy with Office 2000 at home and will NOT ever upgrade.

Who needs that Windows 7?
Check out this video. Though nice tweaks, but I am not shelling out hundreds to pay for it.
Hmm, I had Windows 95 more than a decade ago. Are we going 88 versions backward with this Windows 7? It looks like 1993 versions backward if you compare with Windows 2000. I need compelling reason to get any new Microsoft products. I will be forced to upgrade when I get a new computer, so until then, I am sticking with XP (and so should you)

No comments: