Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Kinkos vs Staples

So I got some copies to make, new menu flyers for Lee Wing Wah restaurant! Special Chinese New Year specials!
I have to thank Input Method Editor in Windows XP. Chinese input systems are difficult! Nothing beats the intuitiveness of handwriting recognition.

I need to make a few hundred copies. Ok, Kinkos is nearby.

Me: "Can I make an order of a few hundred copies?"
Clerk: "Can I SHOW you how to make a copy on self service machine?"
[Ok, I KNOW how to make copies before that clerk was born. All Kinkos I've been to are reluctant to take business]
Me: "Well I don't have time for that, can I still place an order"

After some fiddling my cost turns out to be $102.02.

Waita minute, I got 3 menus, 200 copies. So 600 copies, even at $0.10 a piece, it should be $60 + tax.

Me: How much is a copy?
Clerk: 11 cents each

It scared the daylight out of me. 11 cents! Even at 11 cents, 600x0.11 is still less than $100.00. I am not bothering arthimetic with the clerk.

Me: I am sorry, I'd like to cancel the order.

I walked a few blocks to Staples.

1. They gladly take orders.
2. It was 8 cents each so my total is just around $50.

There really is no reason at all to go to Kinkos. Poor service. Bad arithmetic. Expensive!

I can't explain why Kinkos is still in business with so many stores. Ok, they have 24 hour stores. How often do you have to make copies late night?
Kinkos ONLY do copies. Staples do more and better at copying.

5 comments:

Alex Mak said...

Kinko's is SO DEAD with inept morons as clerks.

This cannot happen in these economic times. I will take my business elsewhere for I am a vengeful customer.

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to join , just click this link http://ybewyzel.jamminweb.com/aqorika.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi!
You may probably be very interested to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually goes
for daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'm ready to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit blog and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per daily now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

I am the sort of guy who loves to taste revolutionary stuff. Currently I am building my personalized solar panels. I am managing it all by myself without the assistance of my men. I'm using the net as the only way to acheive this. I ran across a very amazing website that explains how to contruct photovoltaic panels and so on. The web site explains all the steps required to solar panel construction.

I am not exactly sure bout how correct the information given there is. If some people over here who have xp with these things can have a see and give your feedback in the page it would be great and I would extremely appreciate it, cauze I really enjoy solar panel construction.

Tnx for reading this. U people rock.

nuttymegz21 said...

Thank you for this blog. I think it just saved me some time ...and by the sounds of it...money! :)