Friday, January 16, 2009

Guitar Hero

You may have seen Guitar Hero game around your local department stores... I even saw a super mini LCD version from my colleague.

I got a chance to play the XBox version in department store... Ok, I hate the BIG X-box joystick but I played with a pseudo guitar on this game. Of course, this is not a real guitar. The game is much like Dance Dance Revolution, but you play on your guitar instead of jumping around. You get colorful buttons to press on the left hand AND you have to use your right hand at the same time as each note comes.

To get good at this game you need to able to hear the music and determine the beats and coordinate your fingers. I think it is fun. Kids who enjoy this game should attempt the real guitar (much harder). Guitar requires strong fingers and of course, lots of practice.

Is video gaming industry quiet now? or I just don't attempt to read their news... it seems there is no real real revolutionary games now. We are spoiled, games today are so rich in graphics...

IF I suddenly got free $ from nowhere, I would get a playstation III and play Street Fighter IV. Ok, that may give me some fun for a week. I am sure I can defeat the boss eventually :)

1 comment:

Forced-to-be Montessori Dad said...

I miss the exaggerating graphics of Marvel vs Capcom. The more heros the better!