Tuesday, December 29, 2009

New Camcorder

I got one of these for my family for Christmas. The Flip Video Recorder.

It is a sleek video recorder slightly bigger than a typical digital camera. It makes much better videos than my (old) digital camera. It can record up to 2 hours. But yikes, it uses AA batteries? No charger? That means I need to go radio shack for rechargable batteries? Eew.

About buying camcorder, I don't want to fuss with little tapes, I want it to go straight to a computer. well nowaday there is a lot of choices for these now. And I don't want to pay a lot. This one just seems fun to own and easy to use...

Yes, easy interface, and it creates MP4 files. Sure, the program that comes with the Flip can view them.

Ok, MP3 is for music, so MP4 is for video... especially for streaming, the Flip is ideal for people who post things onto Facebook.

Let me open MP4 files by double clicking in Windows Explorer. RealPlayer comes up and say, [ding!] I can play this file if you pay me. Buy Real Player Plus. Come on. :(

Let me open it up in Windows Media Player. It simply can't play. MP4 is in the Files formats that are not supported list. Ok, I am not going to pay a lot for a muffler, nor viewing video files.

Fortunately I go to download.com and got some Codec pack and now Windows Media Player can play it.

1 comment:

Jade said...

I got one for my friend, just because it looks nice ;b
Under $100...