Thursday, January 3, 2013

Momath in New York

You may have heard the famous art museum MOMA in New York. If you go to New York, even if you are not an artist it is still worthwhile to go there. It may open up your imagination and perhaps release the artistic ability in you.

Today I found out there is Momath... Museum of Math. If I go to New York I will definitely visit it. But yikes, math alone... there may not be that many fun demos that can draw lots of audience. I hope whatever they have is lots of fun for kids to enjoy math.

If I get to decide what's in exhibits I would put...

  1. Huge platonic solids
  2. Huge compass with a string to draw circle on sand
  3. 2 Settable Pins with a string to draw ellipses.
  4. Sieve of Eratosthenes: A grid of 10x10 with lights... step on it to knock out multiples.
  5. ...

No comments: