Friday, October 26, 2012

Windows 8 and Surface

Windows 8 debuts today! But it seems like nobody really cares.

When Office 2007 debuts I see ads all over the place, impossible not to notice. Yes there are many Surface ads around too. But seems not as much.

It certainly has come late in the game, when everybody who wanted a tablet probably already got one. How do I play with one on my hand? Gotta visit a Microsoft Store? It may not be near you. This thing should be available in every electronic store for me to evaluate.

I am afraid it won't dent the market share of the iPad.

Ok Windows, let me tell you this. I LIKE your interface more than the Mac. Pre-8 versions that is. I am afraid the Start menu at-your-face will make me change my view.

But I have a complain. My computer GETS SLOWER, close to unusable state, over time. Is it virus? is it needing hard-disk defrag I don't know. Hey I still have a lot of free disk space, don't think it is defrag issue and if I defrag I risk frying the system.

Your OS needs to be secure and defend itself against all the virus you hear? Is your Defender strong enough?

Why do you choose to debut it so close to the election?

2 comments:

John Dolce said...

My favorite IE commercial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyGP0ZyxF5E

shearlingjackets said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.