Thursday, October 4, 2012

Debate 1: Romney scores

Have you spoken in front of a crowd? It is harder than you may think... to communicate clearly and have points without being nervous. I encourage all college students to take a speech class. Take it Pass-Fail if there is such option as it is hard to not hurt your GPA unless you are real good. My lecturer decided to tape every speech and tell students to see your own speech to find out how to do it better. I didn't even want to see my own performance. Um, I didn't take it Pass-Fail and I ended up DROPPING the class. Ok that wasn't my highlight of my education.

And I have never participated in a debate. I expect that can be even harder as your opponent can throw you curve balls.

In a successful speech and debate, besides having well-prepared content, it is important to note non-verbal communication. You need to look confident, relaxed and able to respond to attacks.

Romney scored points last night. He set a good example of a good debate: he remained calm, have points and stayed on the offense without going overboard.

Obama appeared less prepared and not able to grab the show as he usually can do.

As an audience, I do not know for sure which of these candidates are correct about the various numbers throwing around. I guess I have to read someone's researches later.

During the last weeks of my college year I was kind of unprepared and unable to do well in job interviews. Hey I was studying and preparing for finals too. Perhaps Obama has been dealing with the problems of the world and didn't prepare enough for the debate.

This is just round 1. Two more rounds to come. and I am sure Obama can do better next time. Yes he can. This election is becoming more interesting.

No comments: