Friday, September 28, 2012

Glancing math section of bookstore

I am delighted to find some new interesting titles.

Street Fighting Mathematics
No, this is not Ryu and Ken vs calculus. This is an interesting math book covering various techniques for problem solving. And this is some serious stuff and not Algebra 1. This is very interesting for those who has to tackle real life math problems.

Girls Get Curves: Geometry Taking Shape
Danica McKeller done it again! Another great math book for girls! This is some huge contribution to education! Now speaking of high school geometry, we actually don't deal with much curves. Circles maybe. Stuff like Bezier Curves are best left for college or even grad school. But the basic concepts of triangles, polygons, proof and stuff are great mind building logic exercises. Geometry should be part of everyone's education. .
Oh and I want your autograph. If you come to a book signing session I will buy it!

Sorry great authors, I usually browse but I don't buy... perhaps until I know someone who may find your great books useful.

No comments: