Friday, September 14, 2012

Windows 8 bad Start

So I played with the Windows 8 Preview. You can get a good feel of the interface by going to outlook.com (the make over of hotmail).

The Start button is now a full screen AT YOUR FACE. It is an entire screen of blinking tiles. How do I go to the regular desktop? It is one of the tiles. And once you're at the desktop, where the heck is the Start button since Windows 95? You have to press the Windows key.

Ok the merit of the Start button of Windows 95 is this. It quickly lets you get to your stuff, faster than the Program Manager of Windows 3.1. It definitely isn't so easy to look for things to launch now. That Start Page is too busy, ok?

Overlapping Windows is kind of a breakthrough. Windows 1.0 does not have it! The Start tiles seems to be going back to 1.0.

I think the Start button should be back, and if I can, I will forever hide the Start menu. Waita minute, I ain't upgrading. Heck I still use Windows XP at home.

No comments: