Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Yahoo layoffs 2000

Here is a link to yahoo news, Yahoo layoff 2000.

It is the FIRST popular search engine... I remember the days of Netscape and (extremely lame) IE 3. The first page people go to was Yahoo.

I use yahoo for a decade+. My yahoo email is still my primary email. I read news from it (I like it better than google news). I used the yahoo search engine and yahoo maps too.

But when google search gives me a clutter-free simple screen and have less ads I went to google and didn't come back. When google maps nicely use AJAX to let me scroll around I did not go back to Mapquest on yahoo, even yahoo maps can do the same now.

There is no turning back when you see something better. Have you ever seen people go back to use CRT monitor after they use LCD?

People tend to STICK with what they use until something is revolutionary better and they won't come back.

Even google isn't able to pull a lot of users from facebook. (That circle stuff is confusing and isn't revolutionary better that's why)

I would be disappointed if yahoo completely disappears. You need to come up with something completely revolutionary (new) to attract users and advertisers back. Good luck

No comments: