Friday, April 13, 2012

Microsoft + Nokia doesn't look like winning combo

It doesn't look like the the Microsoft+Nokia Windows Phone Lumia will be a big hit. See news here.

I wish I was at the event so I can play with it again.

Once upon a time I walked into the Microsoft store and played with it and actually think it is nice. I like the unique animation on paging.

The people with Android and iPhone with contracts are not going to drop their phone and go to Microsoft... this phone even if it is better, came too late.

I guess those with worn out basic (Symbian) phones or worn out Blackberries may be good customers candidates. But I don't see special sale price for them.

This is going to be tough battle for Microsoft and Nokia. Remember, Microsoft is a formidable company. It has won a lot of battles: Windows 3.1 vs OS/2, IE vs Netscape, Word vs Wordperfect... Its XBOX got significant market share over other gaming device. But does Microsoft have to be in every business?

Now Windows is called Windows because of the overlapping windows (actually the original Windows does NOT have overlapping windows). Now that Metro interface... should it be called Microsoft Tiles instead?

2 comments:

Alex Mak said...

zune was an epic failure

Alex Mak said...

zune was an epic failure