Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nintendo 3DS and Street Fighter IV

Handheld gaming devices get more powerful than ever. The new Nintendo 3DS is demoing at the lobby of my workplace... specifically I played with Street Fighter IV.

It has been a LONG WHILE since I played any Street Fighters... I used Ryu to fight Dudley and beat him fairly easily and then it says, "thanks for playing the demo".

Ooh there is a slide switch to go from 2D to 3D without wacky glasses. I sense depth in the background. With 4 buttons, how do you do FIERCE punch/kick? Ah, the buttons are pseudo buttons in the lower half of the LCD.

Buttons are necessarily for games, especially fighting games. It is not fun without them, but I wasn't able to execute the Super... This is something the IPhone and Android CANNOT match.

I am impressed with graphics ability... and SFIV plays like SFII, with fancier graphics...

But a gaming device.... is a gaming device. The phone is more versatile, I am afraid that even with nice graphics and nice game play, people will just go to play BeJeweled on their phone.

The kids? they have plenty of games on the phones and ITouch too, if they can put up with touch screen and no buttons. I am afraid the Nintendo 3DS won't sell like hotcakes.

I'd like to play the real SFIV on PS3, but I am not going to shell out money.

No comments: