Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Death of a True Hero

"Stand and Deliver" teacher passed away (Details in this news). No I didn't watch this Stand and Deliver movie, but turning a failing calculus class to the nation's best is a big heroic deal!

There are many inspiring movies much worth seeing than idiot shoot-em-up stupid so-called action movies I've seen. But I have absolutely 0 interest in movies about baseball (insert any sports here) teams from snob to pro. Perhaps those are good movies too, just I am not so interested. A VERY GOOD inspiring movie I watched was "Take the Lead", a great movie about dancing.

Given a chance I would watch Stand and Deliver.

Look, given the will, anyone can learn some basic calculus. Just get to work! Why do students scream in scare? I don't understand why American elementary schools spend years after years after years on damn fractions.

Teaching of course, isn't just stand and deliver. The students gotta sit still, have some interest and listen to you.

Great educators are my true heroes.

No comments: