Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Advertising and Messaging

I used MSN/Windows messenger for the past decade, until blocked by a employer.
Well I am now freed from that place. How time has changed, the messenger client is upgraded quite a bit...
Such upgrades aren't so necessary. The first version I used did just what I want it to do: chat.

The modern version now has a big picture for the person I'm talking to, and waita minute now there is are ADs at bottom of it. It dares to show me a link for a dating service. EACH line I type should say "Joseph says...", don't group them.
I shall see no ads.

I can't believe Windows is doing this to me.
Well I actually don't need the Windows messenger client, I have other choices such as Pidgen or Trillian.

Advertising and messaging shouldn't mix.

No comments: