Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Windows Defender

What comes to mind when you hear "Defender"? If you are around long, perhaps the classic 1980s video game come to mind. That game was quite remarkable... with a scanner and interesting story line for its days.

Ok, classic arcade is another topic, I am talking about Windows Defender: Microsoft's anti-spyware program.

I was recently hit by some Trojan horse thing! Although my McAfee detected it, give me an alert every 10 seconds but failed to remove it!

Oh my, gosh so many anti-this anti-that programs, I am not so familiar with, what do I use? Gosh what if it whacks my internet connection? what if it starts to delete stuff or do other wacky things? Ok, I DO have backups of priceless pictures and my programs at an external drive.

So I went to Microsoft's site to see if they offer anything free. Oh they do, it is the Windows Defender... Installed it and it WORKED. Oh mine, this is a big improvement over their DOS MSAV thing. Thanks Microsoft! Ok, I rarely say that.

Waita minute, it is Microsoft's stuff that is so vulnerable to attacks.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.