Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Title bar out of style?

New programs hate the title bar. They take it OFF.
Google's new Chrome browser does not have the title bar.
Music programs such as Windows Media Player, Real Player, ITune and all that don't show the title bar (but some allow you to turn it on).

Why does the world not like title bars? Look folks, Windows is better than DOS because things have a consistent interface. Title bar, menu bars, window resize and all that.

I prefer the Title bar.

I played with Chrome. It is fast and tracks your browsing history very visually...
Where is the title bar and the status bar? The status bar is HALF width in Chrome.

I like the status bar in the bottom, and the Windows menu at the bottom. I NEED a bottom line. I've head some say the Start menu bar in bottom has root from video games, such as Star Raiders!

Ooh, Microsoft is going to release IE8 soon.

But what do you do with a browser: you type a URL and go. Don't need to be super fancy.

Firefox works for me... I am not dumping it yet.

2 comments:

bmalec said...

Star Raiders!!!!

I remember when a friend of mine let me borrow his Atari 5200 for a few days while he was on vacation. I stayed up for hours every night playing that game, at the time I couldn't believe games could get better than that one. :)

Alex Mak said...

We had Star Raiders for 2600!
The Atari oil painting art work for each of the darling cartridges were amazing. The game play? well, not so good. The graphics, not so good either. 2600 required lots of imagination. 5200 required a little less. I didn't have Star Raiders for 5200.

Cartridges load instantly, and they were awesome.

Star Raiders came with this cool touch pad! Seeing the artwork with the cool pilot using the touch pad. I HAD TO buy the game - over 20 years ago.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/atari-2600/star-raiders/cover-art/gameCoverId,21196/