Sunday, September 28, 2008

Debate 1

I watched all 90 minutes of the first McCain-Obama debate. This is the first time ever that I watched a full presidential debate. I am glad there were no commercials. America deserves full attention in moments like these.

It IS a remarkable moment in American history. That 700 billion rescue is really a huge challenge for the country. Yet we see there are so many disagreements to be worked on.... And I think the discussion is NECESSARY. We need prudent wisdom here. I don't have a good solution for the financial crisis, but yikes, it doesn't seem the candidates have a very clear solution either?! America longs for prudent leadership especially at this moment. Am I going to find it in either candidates?

Both candidates say Washington is a mess. Is one of these two candidates able to fix it?

McCain didn't even LOOK at Obama at all in full 90 minutes. He of course, won't talk to Iran... He definitely demonstrated his maverick style.

I think both candidates have well rehearsed and done well. McCain did better than I expected. But I think there was no real clear winner.

The host can't keep the gentlemen within the time limits. The candidates don't answer questions directly. I think there is some red-green lights reminding the candidates how much time is left. Suggestion: how about show that on TV. Even though they are most powerful men in politics, they also need to respect time-limit rules set.

Whoever the ultimate winner is: there is a lot of work ahead. United States is in a critical moment.

No comments: