Monday, May 2, 2011

Obama got Osama

Osama bin Laden is dead. this is extremely significant milestone... and some sort of justification to YEARS of military action (which depletes American resources quite a bit). We did this just one time, before the 10th anniversary of 911. So he is dead... in Pakistan, not Iraq or Afghanistan.
That Ak-47 that Osama always has behind him was not able to help him kill one or two US troops.

Does this mean Al Queada is done? I am afraid not. There will be revenge. America must continue to be on high alert!

Waita minute, just why did Osama plan 911? Ah, he is just a mad man? This is what he has to say:

"Allah knows it did not cross our minds to attack the towers but after the situation became unbearable and we witnessed the injustice and tyranny of the American-Israeli alliance against our people in Palestine and Lebanon, I thought about it. And the events that affected me directly were that of 1982 and the events that followed - when America allowed the Israelis to invade Lebanon, helped by the U.S. Sixth Fleet. As I watched the destroyed towers in Lebanon, it occurred to me punish the unjust the -same way (and) to destroy towers in America so it could taste some of what we are tasting and to stop killing our children and women. Osama bin Laden, 2004


It is a cycle of revenge going on here.

Let's break the cycle of violence with LOVE and FORGIVENESS?

I know what you gonna say, Come on, it is NAIVE to even think that.

But waita minute it may just WORK. How about leave them alone... give Palaestine and Lebanon some aids (instead of bombs). Let that violent neighbor live peacefully together. How about a turn-in-your-guns-for-food program. (Gee, I am not working on that post)

If you ask EVERY human being.. dude, do you prefer violence or food? I suppose everyone would want food, even the "bad guys".

Perhaps it is time to think naively to break the cycle of violence.

1 comment:

Nick said...

Hello, Joseph!

You've written such an excellent blog on the matter and I couldn't agree with your point more.

And the words you chose struck a deep chord within me, reminding me of Coldplay's (actually Brian Eno's), "I don't want to cycle or recycle revenge..."

Thanks so much for the uplifting message. This is precisely what the world needs to hear.

You rock, sir.

Nick