Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yahoo 10 year anniversary

My yahoo email address has the year 2001 in it. That's because josephmak is taken when I try to open up such account and it suggested me to add the current year back then with it.

It is 2011... I had the yahoo account for a DECADE.

Back then, messenger was kinda new. Yahoo account was created so my coworkers can chat. I witnessed years of messenger getting matured, and web email interface getting better.

That job was gone, so are jobs after that. A decade is a long time... coworkers still appears connected but we are no longer chatting (and that's ok).

It hurts when trying to contact some old colleagues and get ignored. It won't be so fun when I see them again, especially if they ever need to work under me.

Ooh, yahoo email has an update. See here. Oh, it seems to be better than the previous ajax version. Nice try.

Yahoo email is decent. Gmail's conversation model is a bit wacky but I get used to it now. Both are free and that's great, and I NEVER pay attention to the ads.
I like hotmail the least.

No comments: