Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Job opening emails

I get many of the following almost everyday:

Dear [My Name]

My name is [Indian Name] from [Very Generic Company Name], and my client is seeking for a Java Developer position in [Remote Town You Have Never Heard Of]. The duration is [Very Short Such as 3 months] and contact me if you have the following:

Mandatory skills
Spring/Hibernate: Expert level: DECADES of experience with it
WebService: Expert level: Decades of experience with it
Wacky various javascript frameworks: decades of experience with it.
We embrace Agile and so should you

Regards
[Indian Name again]
(800)123-4567
123 Obscure Rd
Remote Town, RT 12345
--------------------------------
Job market today
1. There are (almost) NO permanent positions, everybody just seeking temps.
2. and it is in remote little towns (not where you live)
3. Must stay current with tech. (How?*)
4. be ready to betray yourself to get hired such as say you embrace ____ even when you don't.

*I toyed idea of STARTING a company to get people updated with technology. You pay a small fee, and you get lectures of latest buzzwords and some hands-on classes. I pay an instructor $100, the students pay me $10... My cost is $100+x (where x is cost of operation) I need perhaps 15 students to become profitable!

1 comment:

Alex Mak said...

These obscure jobs are not real. They are lure to steal info and resumes.

When anyone get these mails, go "yeah, right" and then delete them.

As they say, there are no frogs jumping on the streets.

How can 3 months accomplish any large scale project that need Spring/Hibernate?