Saturday, November 7, 2009

I AM smarter than a 5th grader

I bought an authentic "Are you Smarter Than a 5th Grader" game at TJMax's discount bin for just $5. It has 3D images of students and Jeff Foxworthy and a 3D studio that you can view around, and of course a lot of questions. I won! I AM smarter than a 5th grader.



Ok, I have to admit sometimes I don't win, I may even flunk out with $0.

The million dollar topic was English, and the question was:


What kind of verb is "grow" in the following sentence:
"The flowers grow."


The million dollar question has no kids to help you and no multiple choices. Are YOU smarter than a 5th grader?

I love that theme song, that purity of kids singing is so great.

Ok, you can also play online here.

* * *

Going to a job interview is like playing that game, LUCK is involved in the type of questions you get.

3 comments:

Alex Mak said...

um, action verb?

Joseph Mak said...

not action verb.

Joseph Mak said...

seems like I don't have enough blog readers to start a thread. The answer is "transitive"