Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Watch and Phone

Since I got a phone with time telling ability, I almost never wear a watch... It is HARD to find a watch that I like.
99% watches have metal wrist bands, and I have to pay extra to cut it to fit me. It is hard to find a leather wristband watches that look cool.

My phone tends to SLOW down a minute or so every few days. I expect modern electronics can do better that.

Ancient watches (such as the one my grandpa has) have no battery... they run by WINDING... It uses potential energy in the coils.
Your watches and clocks probably says "quartz" on it...
I think this is fairly amazing discovery. Batteries itself is quite an revolutionary invention.

My FAVORITE watch was a shake-and-charge watch. It charges by motion. No batteries! That's environmental friendly... but gosh it broke.

Very ancient people don't have good time telling devices. Yes there was sundial (but what do you use at night?)
Of course, there is the hourglass (but isn't it tiresome to flip it?) Most ancient people use dripping water devices to measure time.

No comments: