Monday, May 14, 2007

Postage hike

Unbelievable gas prices have passed beyond $3.50 a gallon. Another hike taking place: postage is no longer 39 cents. Plus now it is not just the weight matters, but the size matters.

Inflation, and perhaps the unbelievable gas prices have driven up the cost of postage stamp. But when you think of it, it is STILL a bargain. Look, I can send a letter all the way to California for merely 41 cents. Imagine trying to send something without mail. Quite unthinkable isn't it?

But waita minute. Do we still communicate via the art of letters anymore? 99% if not 100% of all my mail wants money from me: bills, shameless advertisements, and all that. When was the last time you send or get a personal letter? Email has virtually replaced all personal mails.

Go online is now the way to beat the postage hike. Pay as many things as you can online.

Ah, I need to get a shredder to prevent as much fraud as I can. Criminals can pick up the shameless credit card application in my garbage and apply a card for themselves.

1 comment:

Alex Mak said...

The USPS is a legal monopoly. They can increase price or change regulations whenever they want.

Emails has long replaced the hand written mail. Texting will replace emails for a lot of people because many people can't write in complete sentences.

There is nothing more romantic / heart moving than love letters. Learn to write, young people. Penmanship counts! So learn how to express yourself! Most people never learned how to write. Idiots at work use hours to draft a short email.

The USPS and junk mailers are multi-billion dollar businesses. I don't like junk mails but I know they support millions of people.

EBills are fantastic! Use them! save stamps, save envelopes, save all the manual work.

Gas is still a bargain. Orange juice cost over $3 a half gallon! Gas is a natural resource hidden inside the ocean floor for millions of years, all that work to find them, extract them, refine them only cause me $3.5 a full gallon!

Yes, oil companies gauge customers with lame excuses of supply/demand. I wish I can drive a little less.