Monday, November 14, 2016

Windows update: infinite restart

Maybe starting as far as Windows 95, once a while it nags and nags for updates. Yes even you Mac users out there get almost daily nags too.

Ok, go ahead, clicked on the reboot button and let it do its things. The next morning the computer is off. Ok, turn it back on it says "Restoring to previous version of Windows" and bleep a DOS box comes briefly and went away and again it is restarting and tell me the same message over and over.

I heard people have this problem and now seeing this myself. Windows restarts itself indefinitely during installing an update! http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/infinite-reboot-loop-after-w10-anniversary-update/7df8ca18-ce03-4643-aa73-5a517eef067a. Actually it isn't installing update but failed install and trying to revert and got into infinite boot loop.

Now I *deserve* a reason why the update failed and *deserve* to have computer back in order. Even if this fail, just why is it infinitely restarting? And... HOW do you go to safe boot now? F8? Nope didn't work. Banged banged banged on it.

Now I got an HP. And that has a F11 System Recovery mode. Need to bang bang bang on it too during the reboot loop. How are you supposed to know? (glad I can google in my phone). Then there is a couple options to recover.. Hit on it. Boom went right back to infinite start loop.

After the 2nd time my computer is back to order with original Windows 10. (Whew! It worked)

The next day.. waita minute the login page is a bit different. And then it says... you are upgraded.

Why do users need to endure this? Why did it not successful in the first place? Too many things in life that you will never get answer.

BTW, I am STILL not getting a Mac even if I cannot get the machine to work again.

Now I do not have Windows CD with shiny stickers... am I supposed to make bootable USB sticks nowadays?

No comments: