Monday, October 24, 2016

Exercise your right to vote - although outcome won't change

Once upon a time, I left my phone's GPS Location on. I don't turn it on unless I need its GPS to save battery and nobody tracks where I am, ok? And then it figures out I live in Illinois and it gave me a reminder: online voting registration was going to end soon! (and it has ended)

Oh I didn't go any place for registering. Waita minute I registered during last election and that voter registration card still in my wallet...perhaps I don't need to? I pulled it out and it says... 2012. Yes I only go to presidential elections. Didn't vote for anything in 2014 or other minor elections. Dang am I going to miss voting for Decision 2016? (The answer is no, I am still registered according to the online checking). You can look up yourself in https://ova.elections.il.gov/RegistrationLookup.aspx.

Ok, Illinois by any measurement is a solid blue state. Hillary will win Illinois and its 20 electoral votes. (You can save your trip to the booth). Seems like only those living in swing states get to decide who is the president, especially Ohio and Florida.

Although doesn't really matter, you can still be a small gosh small part of US History by tell someone YOU ARE FIRED by adding a count onto the popular vote.

No comments: