Thursday, March 6, 2014

Free Wifi

Came across this on a shared Facebook link.

Ugh, gotta solve something ugly to get a password?!

But waita minute there is really nothing to solve here. This is looking the Fourier Series of a function!

This is basically saying rewriting a function as a sum of whole bunch of sine and cosines.

See here for the bottom of this post.

And sadly, I still don't know much about the Fourier Series. I know electrical engineering students need to know this (and still can't find electrical engineering related work after graduation). This stuff is beyond the scope of me being able to read-about-and-learn-on-my-own.

It seems like there are certain knowledge that must be learned through a person and not from dead text. Just what is the human factor? I supposed that it is that I can STOP the human teacher for additional questions if I get lost, or have the teacher draw some pictures or give me an example... something dead text cannot do.

No comments: