Monday, September 16, 2013

"Good Math" book

I am surprised that the "Pragmatic Programmer" series come up with a math book: Good Math: A Geek's Guide to the Beauty of Numbers, Logic, and Computation (Pragmatic Programmers).

This is an excellent write up of great math topics that programmers should be interested in. (Well I covered much of these in my book and sadly nobody reads mine.) I visited the "Good Math, Bad Math Blog" mentioned in the back of book...hmm, it is intermixed with recipes and some quite-advanced mathematics.

But I object the title: "Geek's Guide". Those who enjoy mathematics shouldn't be labeled as geeks? I hope each section is a bit longer too to cover a bit more depth. Otherwise this is a great book and great gift idea for those who enjoy both math and computing. (Unfortunately nobody buys me gifts)

No comments: