Thursday, August 1, 2013

Life + 1000 years

The pure evil Cleveland kidnapper got his sentence: Life + 1000 years. See here for details.

Ok I am confused. When do you start counting that 1000 years?

Ok, let's be nicer to this guy. Take away that life sentence, just 1000 years. At the end of the 1000 years are you really going to release him?

Ok, I'll be EVEN nicer to this guy, how does life prison MINUS 1000 years. So I suppose life sentence is already ∞, did I really give him a break? No, because ∞ ± k = ∞ still. Yes, it gets tricky to talk about infinity.

This guy committed crimes as horrible as it can get... Why even let him live? Why go through such lengthy legal process? I am sure inmates will beat them up or the feeling of guilt will eventually consume him... next time you see him in news he may be going onto the 1000 years of prison... elsewhere.

No comments: