Thursday, March 1, 2012

On Windows 8

No, I did not download nor rush to play with Windows 8 Preview. My machine at home is still Windows XP and I won't even bother to pay Microsoft $ to go to Windows 7. The ONLY must-have upgrade ever was Windows 3.1 to 95.

Now many people think Microsoft is going downhill with its failure to dominate the phone market. And I am sure many people think the tile nature of its Metro interface is a bit strange.

See a good preview here.

I dare to say, Windows 8 look very promising! If you ever play with a Windows 8 phone, you may probably even like it. Its got some unique animations between screens. Android and IPhone... share a lot of similarities and I welcome uniqueness.

I like Windows 8's unique thin font. I like the new great pics. I like its stock of games. A piano app? nice. Hey, that flash card math quiz app! I have an Android version in progress!

I am not sure if I like the tiles interface though.

So I welcome new OS player in the computing world. I will get it when I am ready for a next computer. Yes Windows 7, I am going to skip you.

No comments: