Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Nice-To-Have ideas for phones

Phones are nice but I can make it even nicer with the following features.

1. Add Dialer Password

If you let someone (kids) play with your phone, the least you want to happen is to call someone accidentally and leave a long voicemail of nonsense. It is easy to add the password capability. Hey I can do this. All you need is to let me configure the phone icon so it calls my doorman app instead. Sure you can lock the phone, but it is all-or-nothing. Waita minute you can still make emergency call (accidentally).

2. Voice mail in words

If you'd like to do this Press 1! If you'd like to do that Press 2! The last thing I would like is to listen through all these choices. I want to go to my messages! and modern phone is not so easy to press 1 press 2. They keyboard go away and slight vibration of phone will make it think I pressed a certain key. I believe modern voice mails should LIST the options. Let me click though the messages with date time stamp and caller ID if available. There are messages I do not need to listen to.

No comments: