Monday, September 12, 2011

Past 911 10 year anniversary

I am glad there weren't any new terror attacks at the 911 10th year anniversary. Obama said this, "Today, America is stronger and al Qaeda is on the path to defeat"

I am not so sure about the first part. In 2001, economy was booming, and unemployment numbers were quite low. Gas price was $1.69 a gallon and I didn't even think about gas when I bought that less-than-very-fuel-efficient car.

I am not so sure about the second part either. Can you really defeat all the terrorists out there when all they live for is jihad? Even the all covered up women are learning to use grenades and AK47s.

If they have inhabitable space, have an economy of some sort, perhaps they think about something else other than jihading.

If Al Qaeda is going to strike again, they'll probably choose a day when we're least prepared, like celebrating holidays or some sport team's victory. I wonder how much $ was spent on the extra security measures. Now that's jobs jobs jobs: everyone train to be a security guard.

No comments: