Saturday, September 19, 2009

What's wrong with this chess set?

I saw the Barnes and Nobles' classic wooden chess set. (Here is the link).
Hmm, seems like a good looking set that is reasonably priced.

But what's wrong with the package?


This photographer NEVER played chess. The lower right hand corner should be WHITE!
I have seen more than 1 set that has the wrong set up.

Though I think an elegant chess set is a nice-to-have item, but no one plays with me && I can't afford a very elegant set.

2 comments:

Alex Mak said...

What a shame; can't even place the chess pieces on a chess board.

Lower Right corner is white; and White Queen hangs out in white square.


http://chess.about.com/od/rulesofchess/ss/Boardsetup_5.htm

Forced-to-be Montessori Dad said...

I played chess a long long time ago, and even back then I realized I was not good enough to play. I looked for what went wrong in the picture but failed to find the error.