Thursday, September 17, 2009

Studying Spring

Just got the book Spring in Action. Short term goal is to read it and understand it. Spring/Hibernate is now a must have skill for Java developers. No Spring => no work => starvation.

Yes, there are plenty of resources on the web, but nothing beats in depth discussion on paper.

Spring has been around for a while and introduces 2 buzz terms: Aspect Oriented Programming and Inversion of Control. But the real accomplishment is acceptance. People want it.

Opinion: In the ideal world, there should be NO XML configs. Everything can be configured using a UI tool. Perhaps someone (ME perhaps) should come up with it and further simplify programming.

1 comment:

Forced-to-be Montessori Dad said...

Perhaps I got used to XML configs in apps or text file configs in linux systems, so I don't see that as a problem when things work.

If I were to read your Spring book, I think I would have stopped at page 5 as I will be too bored by it :P I have lost the ability to read techy books like this one.