Tuesday, November 4, 2008

鹿死誰手

鹿死誰手 is an interesting 4-word phrase: http://www.epochtimes.com/b5/1/11/14/c6928.htm. Oh so the deer means "the country", or the world to the ill-informed ancient Chinese.

A long time ago I read Street Fighter comics, in an exciting fight between Akuma and Urien, both have executed their most powerful attacks! including the Instant Hell Murder! The author wrote: 鹿死誰手?! 鹿死誰手?! as he lures me to buy the next issue. I anxiously waited throughout that week for the next issue.

Well Election 2008 is finally here. Who will win? This is probably not going to be a landslide victory. I predict a slight margin win. Perhaps 51%-49%.

To the winner who gets maybe 51%, ask yourself, why did 49% didn't vote for you?

What I don't understand is this: was Bush doing that well in 2004? How come the challenger Kerry didn't win? How come Bush can be a two-term president?

Grant Park is right under my workplace (I can view from window), a celebration party is setting up. Is a celebration somewhere in Arizona set up too?

鹿死誰手?! 鹿死誰手?! We will find out today.

2 comments:

Joseph Mak said...

I wasn't that far off in popular vote: 52% Obama vs 46% McCain.
But Obama's electoral win is big: 333 vs 168.

Yes, tough road ahead as America continue to face economic woes and two war fronts. But I welcome the CHANGE.

Henry Lam said...

in the beginning of 鹿鼎記, chapter 1 mentioned that 鹿指的是天下的百姓.