Tuesday, August 19, 2008

倪匡論金庸

倪匡 and 金庸 are both super excellent novel writers. Yes, every Chinese heard of their names, read their novels or saw TV productions of those. Although many people have trouble understanding 倪匡 verbally but he writes so clearly in his excellent novels, and the following.

Read what 倪匡 thinks of 金庸's works here. Ok, this is written many years ago.
http://www.angelibrary.com/essay/ljy/index.html

倪匡 believes no one from history has achieved 金庸's greatness, nor would anyone in the future.

How can anyone predict the achievcement of future generations? But I do agree with 倪匡. Today's generations is hardly educated, and we live in a world full of media distractions. Who will put such amazing effort in writing excellent novels? Besides, in today's full of media world, how many read volumes of text, even if they are excellent?

1 comment:

Alex Mak said...

I am impressed with Mr. 倪匡's thoughtful reviews of Mr. 金庸's classic novels.

The only problem with 金庸's novel is that children watching TVB versions have both wrong history ideas and wrong ideas about the novels.

On my last trip to HK, I planned to buy a Magic Condor, and read it on the plane, but the bookstore that was around only had the large print version. I asked when will the pocket size be in stock. The lady says, sorry, the book store is closing. Apparently people don't read anymore with all the distractions.

When I have time, I would like to read all of the 金庸 novels. I've read about 2 so far.