Monday, June 23, 2008

USB toys

USB ports are great. Thumbdrives killed off the flaky floppy disks. Plug in external hard drive for extra storage. Plug in a card reader to read files from your camera, or your music device to download songs. Standardization is good sometimes.

USB can draw power from your machine to charge your device or even power a toy. A long time ago I saw a magazine featuring the USB Missile Launcher. Saw the real thing in a store. Fun stress relief if you have friendly neighbors in your cube at work.





I also saw USB Chess which I almost want to buy:




For decades most people play with computer with 2D chess pieces on screen. It feels different to play on a real set.

If it is prettier, not straight dull black and white (perhaps wooden pieces) I would have bought it.

Additional toys that looks interesting on Amazon are:
Screenmasher



Tengu





This is classic example of fun innovation. So USB can delivery electricity? Put it in use!

Am I getting these toys? No. Toy collecting is luxury for the rich. I window/web browse shop. I buy ONLY must-have items.

No comments: