Monday, August 21, 2017

I missed the eclipse

So the once-a-lifetime eclipse has come and gone.

It is Monday, I need to work you know, I do have a window behind me at the office... I expected to feel a moment of darkness or strangeness. Nope. Didn't even feel it. Well I was watching my computer too. So yes I missed it.

Well given plenty of people recorded the whole thing and I already know what an eclipse looked like so I did not miss a lot.

Now eclipse used to be an omen... and I am surprised so few doomsday sayers say perhaps evil guys would launch nuclear bomb on this day. I am glad it is not the end of the world yet.

Now what I still don't understand is... the moon circle around the earth quite a lot right? Should eclipse happen a lot more frequently? (Well it does, only at particular part of the world that is happening though).

And, it is REMARKABLE that astronomy predicts the path and time of eclipse. Look anybody out there still say math is useless?!

Ok eclipse is no big deal you say? This eclipse is a big deal for scientists to study the sun.... and Mercury too See https://www.space.com/37652-nasa-planes-will-chase-2017-solar-eclipse.html...

Why do we care? Without people studying things you would still think a Sky Dog eating the sun telling you something bad going to happen, and you are still center of the universe. It is understanding that we seek here.

No comments: