Thursday, January 28, 2016

Android: here I come again

Just installed the Android Studio. http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html.

Now it is off Eclipse. Why? Everyone seems to hate Eclipse saying it slow and crash. NO. Eclipse works for me just fine. I still love it. This IntelliJ based thing is much like Eclipse only people complain less.

Ok, let's see what we got here. It installs... but the emulator won't run. Saying Intel HAXM hardware acceleration thing needed. Tried to install that. It simply won't install. Fortunately there is way to get around... See this stackoverflow link. You can create a non Intel..an ARM emulator thing. Yes it is slow.

When I last worked with Android for fun... It was close to THREE YEARS AGO with version 2.2 Froyo API level 8. Now we are at API level 23 Marshmallow. Yes, a lot to catch up..but I STILL do not have a new app idea yet. (Don't suggest outrageous things like make it mow your lawn). My last app idea was a toy piano that let you play a few notes (no match against gosh excellent piano apps out there).

I can probably modernize my old apps... but I still make absolutely 0 money on them.

1 comment:

Packers Movers Chennai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.