Thursday, March 26, 2015

Windows 7 new trick discovered

Yes I still use Windows 7 at work.... and am glad not using Windows 8, or the Mac. Gosh I hate the Mac though I don't mind its Unix prompt. Without that it is even more unusable.

Alt-Tab to switch between things has been there for ages. Since Windows 3.1. One day I tabbed on the Windows-button instead of Alt. Oh wow, I discovered a new way to switch apps and it is called Flip3D.

See here

This is probably not on Windows 8 as this is Aero.

Now that flat interface of Windows 8... according to some stuff I read is a battery saving feature for laptop and tablets as it is expensive to show half-transparent things in the title bar. Ok I buy that. But this isn't issue for computers plugging in all day. Windows 8 really should give people an option to use Aero... see you spent so much time and money to develop it and you just throw it away.

Another note: that image above has that Windows 7 Gadget thing... sure is neat idea (basically a window less program). But the world just abandoned it due to security issues. See it here. But why can't it be fixed and just abandoned? Well but the wacky Windows 8 Metro (yes I refuse to call it Modern) don't need the gadgets to live on desktop as the entire Desktop is kinda going away for its wacky titles.

Looking forward for Windows 10.

No comments: