Monday, May 19, 2014

Google honors Rubik's cube

Wow, google's logo turned to a Rubik cube that you can actually play.

This must be some exotic complex html5/javascript thing that is beyond what most people can ever handle. Now even I actually *CAN* solve a Rubik cube using the simplest layer-by-layer method... it is hard to execute on 2D. The Rubik cube itself is amazing. This doodle is amazing. I am very impressed.

I don't know a good way how to capture a swipe...not so sure which axis am I supposed to tweak. YEARS ago I had a Delphi app with OpenGL that I can draw a z=f(x,y) graph. Some effort was put to turn it to Android and unfortunately OpenGL is kinda hard (In Delphi I had some library thing that made it easier). Every Android site/book I've seen give whirlwind examples just works and hard to actually pick out reusable code...Oh well, the world is not waiting for that.

Since the Rubik cube... it seems no other no-battery-required toy ever catch on with such world wide attention. Everyone is playing with their little phones now.

No comments: