Monday, October 21, 2013

Windows 8 frustration continues

Windows 8.1 is supposed to be here... I am supposed to get the Start button back, along with a few other things that should have been in the original release, such as some full screen calculator app (I want to see how lame this can be). See here for Windows 8.1 new additions. It is actually ok not to go to Desktop immediately. I am so used to Windows-D now.

I am supposed to find this in the ugly green tile known as "Store". I don't. How do you search something in the Store? You freaking just type on it without a prompt. and all I get a bunch of probably-crappy Windows 8.1 tutorial apps.

Ok, I am supposed to get all the Windows updates first. There are so many. And for years the softwares are updated behind the scene. Why are there so many holes to plug? Tried that and it is STUCK in the middle. Rebooted and still stuck, says "Installing update 18 of 33"... I was afraid I just busted the less-than-one-year-old machine. Fortunately another reboot and some more waiting gives me my computer back. But is there Windows 8.1 in the Store? No.

Ok, I am NOT GOING TO BOTHER looking for Windows 8.1. This isn't a very pleasant experience you know to not able to find it, you know. Even if you can find it, you may or may not be able to install it.

Apparently I am not the only one having problems. See here for an article on Forbes.

Come on, why are Microsoft things so frustrating. There is supposed to be a lot of talents working in Microsoft?

No comments: