Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Start button coming back and making headlines

I have seen more than 1 news article about the Start button is coming back in Windows 8.1. See here. Microsoft give in. Yay?

This basically just a button link that takes you to the Start page. You have to live without the pre-8 Start button (unless you download a third party tool). This is better than the helplessness of not able to find your programs to launch. Hey, *I* tried to create such thing with VBScript that simulates a key sequence. See here for reference. Nope, there isn't a key for the hardware Windows button.

Hardware button is tyranny. I disliked the Apple button on the Mac and the Windows button on Windows. Keyboards is supposed to be standardized I should be able to pull one keyboard from one machine and plug into another. Hey that's the beauty of USB but the tyranny of OS required their button with their brand which I am not so liking.

You should be able to boot to desktop and not see any of those stupid tiles. It is just minor annoyance. I see it for only a split second before I press Windows-D.

I do not predict 8.1 will make Windows 8 sell like hotcake as in Windows 3.1.

Why is no one wanting Aero back and have to put up with flat things like in 3.1?

No comments: