Monday, July 18, 2011

Complain to the Mug Shots in the Tribune

The Chicago Tribune is no doubt an important part of Chicago history. But who is buying the expensive paper copies now? I am afraid not that many. I hope they remain afloat with the ads on their web edition.

Ok, click on news articles, your attention will probably be redirected to the criminal suspects' faces on the Mug Shots section. Some are quite fearsome looking followed by horrible crime description underneath: robbery, weapons, sex abuse of boys. Horrible! But when you click on the horrible criminals you don't get the detail of that particular criminal but you get to the first criminal (ok, suspect) out of hundreds.

I wanted to see the news article, but not the criminals (but I got shown the horrible faces of the criminals)
Now, when I want to see the detail of the criminal, I get to see another criminal but not the one I clicked on.

This Mug Shot stuff should be on its standalone page. Shield the readers from these fearsome people please.

Yikes, there are so many criminals out there doing horrible things!

No comments: