Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Myanmar or is it Burma?

Devastating storm killed thousands: according to US diplomat, as many as 100,000! Hmm, why is this almost 5 times as high as the previous number 22000?

Why such big storms? Some theories say deforestration is causing mother nature to strike back. Whatever the cause, it is a huge loss. The impact of the storm will last long after its gone as the victims struggle to rebuild their community.

If this storm didn't strike, I didn't even know Burma was renamed as Myanmar by the military government. I know little, gosh very little about this country except I remember coloring it in a high school geography class. I know there are monks there like western part of China. I hope there were no bloodshed to rename the country. Being ruled by military government is scary isn't it? But wait a minute, what country isn't?

High gas price, food price, devastating weather conditions and more uncertainties continue to haunt the world.

No comments: