Friday, July 20, 2007

Take for Granted

Yesterday my car won't start. Battery is dead. That is AFTER I reached QUeenie's workplace to pick her up. Can't really pick her up.

The Volkswagon had gave me more serious problems before, but never not able to start. One time the battery died on me when I am braking! I have to restart in middle of intersection and fortunately it was able to start. But not last night.

So I called up a hero to come over to jumpstart. Ok it worked! The cable is the FIRST thing I bought when I got my car. Good that I have it.

Last time when the battery died in middle of road (but able to restart) I took it to the dealer. Some hoses and pipes needed clean up and the battery was weak, the guy says. But changing the battery would cost me a whooping $200. The battery never seem to have a problem so I ignored it, and it worked for months until yesterday. I shouldn't have ignore. But too busy in life.

TODO: change that battery. And it requires some wild wrenches that another friend has. Isn't it great to have friends you can rely on?

We take for granted many things: like turning the key would start car. Actually a hundred things must work before the car can start. We turn on the faucet and water come out, and there are many pipes need to install for this to happen.

Heck, even waking up is tremendously complicated process of the brain that even scientists have no complete idea of how that works. There are too many things we take for granted. So be thankful.

No comments: